We Got Married!

I realise I haven't been as active as I would have liked recently, there are quite a few reasons why, but the main one is finally out of the way...

WE GOT MARRIED!!

 Yes, Robert and I finally tied the knot, we only had 8 months to plan the whole thing so it was all hands on deck (I say "all hands" but really it was mine and the bridesmaids."
There was a lot of stress leading up to the day, I tried to quite a laid back bride, managed to hold off my bridezilla moments right till the end!

Firstly my seamstress had a heart attack, so my dress got put on hold for a while till she got better, luckily she recovered well and managed to make my dress perfect for me, then my hair dresser was involved in a huge car accident so I had to find a replace - the first one I found was god damn awful! So in the end my mother saved the day (I should have asked her to start with really as she was a qualified hair dresser many moons ago!) , third my cake maker's husband went into hospital so I was panicking that my brownie tower wasn't going to happen, but luckily she pulled it off and it was perfect and finally I struggled with finding a photographer as I sacked my last one because she was shit, ended up paying for a different one (he was amazing though so totally worth it.)

So yes, things did get stressful, not to mention in the middle of all that I got promoted at work to shift leader and then had to come off work sick with depression (I eventually quit but that's for another post), this wedding planning jobby is really hard work so I don't envy anyone going through it right now.

But you know what? It all came together in the end, our day was perfect (there were a few hiccups such as; forgetting my own name, arse sweat, panic attack right before I walked into the ceremony room, first dance music not being heard so had to just waddle to our own song, getting shitfaced...)
Overall it was a beautiful day, the weather was on our side even though I was sweating so much because heat didn't mix well with my big fancy princess dress.

I don't remember much of the evening, I had already drank the equivalent of one bottle of wine at the reception, I'm not a big drinker so one bottle to me and I'm already rat arsed, all I really remember is going to sleep on the bathroom floor in our hotel room and Robert grabbing a pillow and sleeping next to me! He also tied my hair up because I was...Very sick. Apparently I did all sorts of things, such as; Pay a busker £5 to play Nirvana, hide under a staircase - clearly I needed a nap, sang Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs, walk past Norwich Castle where we got married and had no idea what the building was for, broke a glass in the Brewdog bar, bought some chips for lady and refused to drink a cocktail because I could tell it had no booze in it. Overall I think I had a good night!
I remember attempting to eat some breakfast in the morning and felt like chucking it all up again.
We then had the pleasure of driving to our next hotel with the kids because we decided to do a Merlin Park tour with out premium passes, so we spent our honeymoon more as a family moon and went to Legoland, Thorpe Park and Chessington.

I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day, it was amazing, my girls who were my bridesmaids were amazing, they helped so much, especially the night before as they had to stay up late to decorate our reception venue, they worked their butts off for us.

Here are our amazing photographs we got done, there were over 500 all together so I've narrowed it down to a few of my favourites,

My love,
Mrs Marshall.

















Comments

  1. I love weddings and yours looks really sweet! I also loved your idea of the sweet corner and the brownies as a wedding cake looks so delicious, I bet your guests were really happy with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to you for handling the stress prior to your wedding so well! You truly had beautiful -and fun -wedding and the pictures look amazing. All the best for your future -June Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a real eventful wedding, congratulations! I can't believe everything you went through x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was stressful but totally worth it! x

      Delete
  4. wow, awesome, guess it was a beautiful ceremony and your kids worked hard decorating the reception.. Congratulations for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations darling, you guys looks absolutely beautiful. The day looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look absolutely beautiful and your wedding is hands down adorable! we eloped with my husband and now getting the big wedding with the family, so I understand the stress! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw congratulations! It sounds like you had a really stressful run up but I’m so glad it all worked out on the day. I really love the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your wedding! And thank you for sharing us your wonderful milestone :) Love that glittery shoes and your flower girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation to both of you!! It sounds that you had a stressful planning your wedding. But it ends up in perfect and wonderful milestone of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! What a lovely couples and the picture are lovely too! Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on surviving a beautiful yet potentially stressful day. Weddings can be such a mixed event with loads of memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment