Relaunch

Blimey.
It's been almost a year since my last post.
I did a bit of an Ed Sheeran and took basically a year out of blogging, I needed to step back and take a big break from it, I felt like I was spending too much time writing and focusing on stats than I was on life and the family.
A lot of things have changed since I left the blogging the world, a lot of changes to our family so this is just a bit of a catch up!

1; In a previous post I had it confirmed I had PTSD, well I still have it but I have just finished (got signed off today) a long intense therapy treatment, I went through a lot of reliving and general sessions to help me process everything I went through, I went through the Well Being service. I am about to start counselling from a charity run support group called Surviving United, although my therapy treatment has ended I still need support and their group is a great group to be around others who have been through what I have, it's worth checking out if you live local to Lowestoft.
I am in a much better place now though, less panic attacks, no longer need my medication as often and just overall generally happy.

2: I am engaged! Robert proposed on Christmas day 2016, he did it in front of our parents, I can't remember who cried the most, myself or our mums haha, my ring is beautiful (think princess Diana!) We are getting married in August this year in a castle! So be prepared for some wedding blog posts!

3: Edward is currently being investigated for autism, he has a speech and language therapist at school and everyone is working together to try and get him the best help possible, it has become a lot easier to understand him now that we know he has a lot of understanding issues, for example, he could tell you that 4+4=8 but he couldn't explain how. He's a very smart boy though, there is no fix to this so it's just making sure he gets the best out of life and all the help he needs.

4: Robert left NewGenn, sadly he no longer found love in the job so decided to work for Norfolk Trucks, but that hasn't gone so well either, so he's now trying to start up his own company.

5: I have a job! I got a temp job just before Halloween at a supermarket, they liked me so kept me on and then I moved to the petrol station which I now work in for the supermarket, I only started working in there last week so it's all still really new but I'm enjoying it, I love working, it gives me the breather I need from home and some adult conversation!

6: Eppy's preschool shut down (due to lack of funding) so she hasn't been to preschool since September last year, I've been home educating her till she starts school in September, we hope she gets into Edward's school but her being a sibling is no longer a priority, so we really won't know till April! Fingers crossed.

7: I had to have my cat Leo put to sleep, it was pretty much one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever done, he grew a tumour on his face and it just wasn't curable, I can barely type about it without crying, but he's now out of pain and in peace, his ashes are in a lovely little box on my windowsill, I miss him so much.

**
I think that's about it really, there are a few things I've missed off but I'll get to them in other posts I'm sure!
I am glad to be back in the blogging world, I have missed it.
I look forward to reconnecting with you all very soon.

Comments